Occlusions artery disease is a slowly progressing disease through which arteries throughout the body become progressively narrowed and eventually completely blocked.
The salient features are:
- Occlusions arterial disease is very common and will affect every person to some degree.
- Occlusive arterial disease develops slowly throughout life.
- The occlusive arterial disease affects all the arteries in the body to come degree.
- Occlusions arterial disease causes life-threatening complications with its effect on the arteries supplying the vital organs – heart, brain, kidneys.
- Occlusive arterial disease is the commonest cause of death on the west.
Content Reviewed by – Dr. Jaisom Chopra